Skelmersdale, Lancashire, N. W. England, England
7 months ago
As a Managing Quantity Surveyor your role will be to:
Provide Leadership and Motivation amongst all commercial staff
* Provide Commercial support to the Senior Operational Team
* Mentor and develop commercial staff providing continuous development according to company behaviours, corporate standards and legal compliance
* Review and implement robust systems and procedures managing commercial risks and returns (pre-tender and post-tender)
* Ensure a positive approach to clients' needs on the projects won with a view to securing future business/repeat work
* Work closely with operations and supply chain to ensure robust procurement process and strategy per scheme
* Assess, identify and implement improvements and alternative ways of working to ensure that we deliver a streamlined and quality service
* Ensure that we identify and mitigate against risk to project performance by maximising value, driving down costs and improving margins
* Identify and report on KPIs which inform the performance of the business and the function
* Identify an early warning system to ensure proactive and timely variance reporting against budget - ensure "no surprises"
* Develop the performance and capability of the QS function to ensure high levels of performance and professional standards in accordance with a code of ethics, honesty and transparency - the right people in the right place
* Ensure personnel are informed and up to date in matters of contract, professional standards, corporate compliance, contractual standards, & legal obligations
Job Description and
* Initiate, establish and lead appropriate multi disciplinarian team meetings to ensure open and transparent communications in the interests of the performance of the scheme
* Establish and implement training plans for the recruitment & development of trainees in the business.
* Support the implementation and development of all talent management tools to recruit and secure and develop top talent across the function
* Responsibility for the management of any/all commercial disputes
Ideal candidates will:
Have a degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying. If you're a member of the RICS, even better!
Have strong contractual awareness (JCT forms)
Have worked for a main contractor with T/O in excess of £40 million on schemes from £1million-£25million
Have proven track record with a minimum of 3-5years experience at each of you previous companies (This is a permanent position)
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.