about 2 months ago
Would you like to work for a British manufacturer of a high tolerance quality product used extensively in the automotive industry? Then we have a fantastic hands on Maintenance Engineer's role for a Mechanical and Electrically qualified and experienced Engineer with some supervisory skills. You will be a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineering Supervisor who will be required to oversee and co-ordinate all maintenance within the Exeter site of this multi national company.
- Oversee and carry out PPM and ensure log is kept up to date.
- Coordinate annual maintenance with all external contractors and keep the contractors Management pack up to date.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining all spare parts.
- Work alongside production advising and implementing changes leading to continuous improvement in safety and quality.
- Conduct risk assessments prior to any maintenance work being undertaken.
- Produce mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Mentoring maintenance apprentice.
- Experience in coaching and developing staff.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at once & deliver them on time.
- Excellent diagnostic skills and the ability to prioritise essential to ensure downtime minimised.
- Experience of inverter, servo, DC drives.
- Understanding of pneumatics.
- Read mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Understanding of PLC systems and fault finding.
- Panel building experience.
- Ability to design Control Systems.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.
- Able to work effectively manage a small team ensuring that the best outcome for the company is achieved.
- Have a keen attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Demonstrate a clear analytical approach and a methodical work process.
- Engineering qualification or timed served.
- A working knowledge of IATF16949.
- Worked with circuits from 415 to 24VDC power & control.
- Experience within a manufacturing / production environment.
- Experience in leading small team.
- 20 days holiday + 8 bank + Christmas shutdown.
- On site parking, canteen, pension contribution statutory i.e. 3%.
7.45am-4.15pm or 6am - 2pm Monday to Thursday with a 1.45pm finish on a Friday.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.