You will predominantly work the 2-12pm shift (Monday to Thursday inclusive, 37.5 hours per week) in this varied and interesting maintenance role. You will be responsible for a wide range of production and engineering machinery, undertaking both preventative and planned maintenance. The facility is modern, clean and just off Sowton Industrial Estate so a nice environment to work within.
- Carry out preventive maintenance tasks as scheduled during the shift to required standard.
- Conduct continuous machine observation and measurement during the shift, identifying potential failure or deterioration in output, waste or quality performance from machine standards.
- Ensure equipment is handed back to production in 100% safe condition.
- Respond immediately to equipment failures during your shift.
- Conduct systematic, rigorous and accurate fault diagnosis.
- Determine most effective solution to the fault.
- Effect the solution, report on the fault, cause and solution via computerised maintenance system.
- Apprentice trained.
- Able to read electrical drawings.
- Ability to logically fault find.
- Experience of inverter, servo, DC drives.
- Worked with circuits from 415 to 24VDC power & control.
- Carried out PPM.
- Understanding of pneumatics.
- Read and produce mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Understanding of PLC systems and fault finding.
- Panel building experience.
- Ability to design Control Systems.
- HNC/HND or equivalent in mechanical or electrical engineering or an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in electrical or mechanical engineering.
- A good all round mechanical and electrical knowledge required.
- Ideally 17th Edition.
- 20 days holiday + 8 bank + Christmas shutdown.
- On site parking, canteen, pension contribution statutory i.e. 3%.
Working Hours: 2pm-12pm Monday to Thursday, although an occasional requirement to cover alternative shifts (days only).
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.