£10.00 - £11.00 per hour
about 1 year ago
Machinist - Non Operational
£11.00 per hour
Mon - Fri 8 - 4.30pm
This is a non-operational instructional job in an establishment.
The job holder will be responsible for providing supervision, knowledge and skills to prisoners in a specialist workshop so they can improve their employment prospects on release with a view to reducing re offending. The job holder will ensure that all services are provided to a high standard and that security and control is maintained at all times. The jobholder will be able to teach prisoners towards achieving nationally recognised qualifications and may be supported by external organisations such as local colleges.
- May participate in the selection process of prisoners for the workshop/area of work
- Induct prisoners to the workshop/area of work and train them in aspects such as health and safety, Control of Substance Hazardous to health (COSHH), machinery and tools usage
- Provide support for prisoners where required; tailor learning and training requirements to individual needs
- Set work schedules and manage targets/quality standards, maintaining delivery of contractual arrangements
- Assess and evaluate skills of prisoners up to national qualification standards
- Supervise and maintain discipline of prisoners within workshop/area of work, responsible for performance, motivation, discipline, appraisal and development of prisoners
- Maintain regular communications via radio net in accordance with Local Security Strategy (LSS)
- Open and complete Assessment Care in Custody and Teamwork (ACCT) forms, Violence Reduction Incident Reports (VRIR) and Security Information Reports (SIRs) when required and contribute to Incentive Earned Privileges (IEP) reports
- Will conduct a metal detector scan or rub down search of prisoners attending and leaving their own workshops
- Provide quality assurance against product specification
- Log attendance and approve prisoner hours worked and wages including recording piece work where appropriate
- Carry out fabric and tool checks of workshops and maintain security of areas, logging any tool/equipment faults. Undertake planned maintenance programme on machinery
- Contribute to prisoner reports including parole and sentence planning
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.