£30000 - £50000 per annum + Depending on Experience
7 months ago
A superb opportunity to work in a beautiful part of the country, for a global manufacturer of precision engineered metal parts. You will be a strong people manager as there will be a team of 20 CNC/metalshop operatives to oversee, together with taking responsibility for the quality procedures and output of the department. If you have worked within an ISO environment that would be ideal.
- To support the Engineering Manager to ensure that production targets are achieved and the highest standards of quality and health and safety are maintained.
- To produce regular and accurate production information as required and organise and prioritise labour across all the cells in order to meet targets.
- To be fully involved in Kaizan and quality improvements, formulating plans with the Engineering Manager and to lead from the front during the implementation and delivery of new initiatives
- To motivate and develop members of the team through coaching and mentoring, effective communication practices, the delivery of appraisals and the identification of training needs
- A good level of knowledge and experience of managing a small team of staff within an engineering assembly environment. If the work involved working with metals, or plating in particular, that would be beneficial, although not essential.
- Previous experience of successfully leading a team is essential, in which you will have gained an ability to prioritise and organise team tasks effectively, and to motivate team members.
- General knowledge of health and safety requirements
- Drive and commitment to ensure that the highest standards of quality and performance are continuously maintained
- Confident and effective communication skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to motivate and manage others
26 days holiday per annum (allocated to fixed and flexible dates) plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
Working Hours: 8.00am - 4.30pm, Monday to Thursday, 8.00am - 1.20pm Friday. 37.50 hours/week.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.