Job Title Machine Operator
Location Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
Salary £21,600 - £29,000 (hourly rate between £10.67 and £14.30 per hour) + monthly bonus averaging £150 per month (realistic earnings: £23,400 - £30,800)
Working hours Twilight shift, Monday - Thursday
Benefits High value monthly bonus scheme, generous pension contributions, life assurance, Christmas shut down, holiday entitlement increases with service, free uniform, regular overtime and free on-site parking.
Are you a conscientious person with experience of setting and operating machinery?
Do you have experience of working in a factory environment where the manufacturing process might be continuous and repetitive but a careful eye for detail regarding quality is important?
Then please do read on, you might be just who we're looking for...
I've been appointed by a local precision engineering company to support their search for a Machine Operator / Minder to join their team on a permanent basis.
The company I'm working with have been supplying precision engineered components to aerospace, medical and general industry for many years from their purpose built facility just off junction 9 of the M5 motorway in Tewkesbury, commutable from Gloucester, Cheltenham, Worcester and surrounding areas.
They're now in a position to take on a Machine Operator / Machine Minder to join the team on a permanent basis as the business prepares for a large growth in business over the next five years.
Experience of operating machinery in a factory or manufacturing environment is a must for this position. Experience of setting up machinery for production isn't essential, but would certainly be an advantage.
You'll be working at a machine which cuts out metal components for use in aerospace, medical and general industry. You'll be working on high quality, high volume, specialist components.
Your careful eye for detail and ability to concentrate will be important as you'll be working with machinery which operates in repetitive cycles to produce products in medium to high volumes.
You'll be carrying out basic visual inspections throughout the manufacturing process, checking items for quality and conformity so you'll need to be familiar with keeping a careful eye out for defects in order to highlight any problems to the quality department or your line Manager.
Sounds like you? Take a look at the package on offer...
- starting rate proposed to be between £10.67 and £14.30 per hour to begin with, depending on your experience;
- monthly bonus averaging £150 per month, taking realistic earnings to £23,400 - £30,800;
- decent amount of overtime available;
- this position is a permanent job from day one working directly for our client, not a temporary or contracting role
- lots of free parking always available
- well maintained machines with regular investment in the latest equipment
- modern, clean, well organised facilities;
- a friendly, welcoming team atmosphere and very knowledgeable and supportive management style;
- long term order book with established specialist contracts;
- holiday entitlement rising with length of service, plus all bank holidays paid, Christmas shut down;
- life cover;
- all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) paid for by the company.
- please get in touch for a complete benefits package
To apply for this Machine Operator position
Don't worry - we promise complete confidentiality.
If you'd like to be considered as a candidate for this vacancy or if you'd just like to find out more, please do use the 'apply now' button on this advertisement to send in your CV or get in touch directly with Tom Andrews on 01242-246-022 or by email on tandrews(at)meridianbs.co.uk.
Key words for search purposes only: Machine operator minder setter manufacturing engineering GL20 8TD
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.