£9.27 - £11.33 per hour, Benefits: Overtime
16 days ago
Meridian Business Support is currently looking for machine operators on behalf of our client to up them on their mission of preserving food and the planet by offering good quality, eco-friendly products and taking advantage of the virtuous recycling loop.
Our client are the leading manufacturer and supplier of recyclable pulp packaging products. Our products are made entirely from wastepaper and are biodegradable, recyclable and compostable. Using the latest conventional pulp fibre moulding equipment and unique after pressing technology to achieve fantastic results.
Role and responsibilities:
- Working with PLC driven equipment, valves and mechanically based machines to ensure they are set up properly
- Carrying out in-process adjustments to ensure machines are efficient and produce quality products
- Ensuring they are supplied with the required raw materials, well-maintained and perform periodic checks on output
- Working in a safe and effective manner at all times and follow instructions.
- Highlight any deviations to immediate supervisor
- Fault finding and diagnosing machine issues to aid process efficiency and work with Maintenance Team to rectify any issues
- Make accurate records of activities to meet business requirement
- Liaising with other departments such as engineering, packing and quality to ensure we achieve the product desired by our customers.
- Carrying out any other activity the business deems appropriate to ensure the effective running and maintenance of the plant
- Maintaining cleanliness of work area and machines using clean as you go and adhering to hygiene regimes to ensure working area is clean and clear
- Must have previous experience operating PLC driven automatic machinery from setup to operation
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Previous training in pneumatics and mechanics/engineering
- Keen eye for detail
- Drive to achieve continuous high standard of quality and efficiency
- Good initiative
- Good fault finding and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and a positive attitude to help drive the site forward in the future
Hours of work- 3 week rotating shift pattern
Weekend working, holiday and absence cover as and when required
Salary- Starting rate of £9.27 per hour with pay increases offered after each stage of training up to £11.33 per hour.
If you fit the requirements above and are looking to join an ever expanding, eco-friendly company, please apply.
Due to a high volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to every candidate.