M&E Operations Manager (Commercial/Industrial/Retail) - Sheffield
My client provides electrical contracting and maintenance to commercial, industrial and retail businesses - from small local firms to national brands with sites throughout the UK. They have 30 years of electrical industry experience and are pioneers in providing energy efficient solutions.
Their services include:
- Electrical design
- Electrical installation
- Electrical refurbishment
- Electrical maintenance
- Project management
- Electrical testing and inspections
- New shops and refits
- Retail park premises
- Commercial offices
They currently require an M&E Operations Manager to based permanently in their Sheffield head office. This person should be an electrical biased engineer but have knowledge of mechanical aspects of commercial, industrial and retail refurbishment projects.
- Responsible for the design and development of all building service systems across commercial, industrial and retail projects from inception to completion.
- You will manage all building services, sighting, fire and AV consultants in the delivery of all services and liaise with the security, engineering, HIT, Fire and health & safety departments to deliver a high quality and maintainable products and services.
- You'll drive and deliver project refurbishments which you'll be responsible for ensuring all new installations meet the requirements and shop fit guidelines as well as ensuring the project handover between consultants and client's operations is a smooth transition.
- Deliver financial targets to meet established objectives, this will include the reporting of financial status with the aid of the site commercial team into the operations manager and commercial manager.
- Take responsibility for the overall performance of the Project team.
- Lead, motivate and develop the site-based team.
- Lead the relevant site-based project team to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures including Health & Safety, Quality Assurance and Engineering standards.
- Ensure works are carried out to high standard complying with relevant British Standards and codes of practice.
- Manage the provision of technical support to the contract.
- Obtain and support the training for the site team.
- Carry out staff appraisals for direct reports setting out training and development programs as required.
- Maintain a close working relationship with Commercial, Engineering, Estimating / Work Winning and Support teams, ensuring cohesion when entering a new Project.
- Assist in final contract negotiations prior to contract award (including such matters as commercial and engineering matters.
- Provide engineering support (Mechanical or Electrical) as necessary to the business should workload demand in other areas or other new works.
- Take responsibility for the overall performance of project teams.
- Develop customer relationships and provide excellent customer service.
- Qualifications - Preferred minimum HND Electrical
- Electrical background but have some Mechanical knowledge.
- Relevant project experience in commercial, industrial and retail. MOD project experience desirable.
- Demonstrate experience within commercial developments.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- SMSTS / NEBOSH / or IOSH Managing safely preferred.
- Good people management skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Good focus and attention to detail.
- Good multi-tasking skills.
- A proactive, collaborative attitude
Salary/Package: 42k per annum + 5k Car Allowance, Annual Bonus, Health Insurance, Pension
If you meet the requirements of this role, please contact Paris Desouza email@example.com
Meridian Business Support is one of the largest privately owned, multi-sector recruitment companies in the UK. In 2019, we will celebrate 30 successful years in the recruitment industry. Meridian has an extensive network of 60 branches nationwide, providing over 5,000 temporary staff on a weekly basis and placing over 900 permanent candidates each year.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.