£22000 - £26000 per annum
2 months ago
Location: Gloucester which is commutable from Tewkesbury, Ross, Cheltenham, Stroud, Stonehouse and surrounding areas
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full time
Salary: We're looking to pay an attractive salary, as a guide £22,000 - £26,000 based on experience and we're happy to talk about your salary requirements too.
Meridian are currently recruiting for a well-respected, progressive solicitors firm based in Gloucester. The company is ready to hire a new Legal Cashier to join their team as a long standing member of the team approaches their retirement.
Role Duties for this Legal Cashier position
- The processing of client and office accounting transactions including postings and cheque production
- To undertake daily banking functions including bank reconciliations
- The processing of bank transfers
- Run month end procedures
- The administration and reconciliation of petty cash
- VAT administration and returns
- Adhering to Solicitors Accounts Rules, Law Society Rules, Client Care and Money Laundering regulations
- Previous experience in a Legal Cashier role
- It is essential that you have up to date knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Knowledge of financial software systems
- Experience of banking and procedures
- Knowledge of VAT regulations
- Ability to manage workload and work to strict timescales
- An understanding of SRA and HMRC standards and regulations and
- Good IT skills
- Motivated, organised and flexible
Reward and Recognition:
- An attractive salary
- Generous annual leave, plus bank holidays
- A supportive working environment
- Compassionate leave
- Pension scheme
- And much more!
If you are keen to utilise your experience, you’re an enthusiastic team player who likes to exceed expectations with a strong customer focus and an eye for detail and organisation, we would love to hear from you!
How to apply
Click on the link in this advert to submit your CV for immediate consideration or email firstname.lastname@example.org tandrews(at)meridianbs(dot)co(dot)uk for further information.
Don't worry, not everyone has a CV already drawn up, please do get in touch, I'd be happy to help.
Please be assured that your application will be handled in the strictest confidence