£19000 - £22000 per annum
about 1 year ago
We are seeking a full time (8.30am - 5.00pm) and a part time (9.30am - 2.30pm) Laboratory Technician to join an In-house laboratory team working within an UKAS accredited microbiological and analytical laboratory.
As a Laboratory Technician you will be working within the on-site UKAS ISO 17025:2005 accredited laboratory. Main responsibilities are:
- Sample and media preparation.
- Conducting microbiological testing to the required time schedule and in line with company procedures.
- Accurately recording all test results and identifying out of specification results.
- Report, record and investigate non-conformance's, ensuring close out of all actions.
- Monitor stocks of consumables within the laboratory.
- Participate in laboratory and quality control projects as required by the business.
- Maintaining cleanliness and housekeeping standards within the laboratory at all times.
The ideal candidate will have a background in laboratories and/or 5 GCSEs to include Maths and English and Science. A levels would be considered advantageous. The candidate will have a proactive and enthusiastic approach to work, with high levels of attention to detail and good organisation skills. Candidates must be computer literate and able to demonstrate good levels of numeracy and literacy skills.
competitive salary and a range of benefits including an excellent pension scheme, health benefits and 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
Two positions available, one full time (8.30am - 5.00pm M-F) and a part time (9.30am - 2.30pm M-F)
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.