This is an exciting new role, created within a well recognised UK British Manufacturing Brand for a seasoned Laboratory Technician/Supervisor with the capacity to lead a small team and undertake a variety of compliance and regulatory procedures. This is NOT a food or pharma environment but a quality product is made on site, which is a large product so there maybe some manual handling required.
- Directly supervising the lab function: systems, processes, activities and personnel.
- Conducting Product Risk Assessments.
- Conducting in-house product and process audits.
- Advising on opportunities for improvement and driving change.
- Facilitating all H&S processes within the relevant area of responsibility.
- Developing formal documented procedures as needed.
- Conducting thorough problem solving and investigative measures as needed.
- Ensuring scheduled equipment maintenance and calibrations are carried out as needed.
- Ensuring all necessary consumables are stocked to suitable levels at all times.
- Acting as final approval and signatory for all test reports.
- Ensuring that all necessary training is carried out.
- Compiling feedback reports as necessary.
- Hosting of external audits and visits of the lab.
- Overseeing the Standards Library.
- Carrying out testing as and when required.
- Any other duties that are reasonable and commensurate with the post.
- Recent laboratory work experience, ideally in a fabric or furniture environment, although others considered
- Previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Previous Supervisory/Management experience
- Experience with change management
- A-Level in Maths and Science or equivalent vocational qualification
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to include report writing
- IT skills - Basic Microsoft Word
- Intermediate Excel
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Company Pension
- Life Assurance
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical
Working Hours: 8.30-5.00pm Mon-Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.