Junior Quantity Surveyor (Construction) - Newton Aycliffe
My client is a leading construction contractor who cover drainage systems, new housing infrastructures, new housing plot works, industrial units and small works across the North East, North West and the Scottish Borders.
They are looking for a Junior QS to join the business on a permanent basis to be based at the head office in Newton Aycliffe.
- Ensure good working relationships with clients ensuring that client correspondence is prepared in a professional manner.
- Monitor progress on site ensure that where applicable claims for recovery of loss and expense are submitted on time and agreed with client.
- Carry out monthly measure on site and prepare monthly applications to include all values relating to labour materials management, plant and equipment and escalation.
- Highlight to the Commercial Manager areas in which target cost and sales are not being achieved by means of a weekly reports.
- Comply with company procedures in relation to commercial matters.
- To ensure participation in handover of construction meetings for any and all projects concerned.
- Ensure maximum profitability on projects under control by pro-actively approaching your duties and exercising commercial acumen.
- Prepare cash flows and update as necessary - analyse timing of sales and costs.
- 2/3 years' experience ideally from a construction groundworks background.
- Contractual knowledge and understanding is imperative.
- Knowledgeable of current industry trends and technical developments.
- Knowledge of administering FIDIC.
- English language spoken and written essential.
- Driving license
Salary: 24k per annum
If you meet the requirements of this role please contact Paris Desouza email@example.com
Meridian Business Support is one of the largest privately owned, multi-sector recruitment companies in the UK. In 2019, we will celebrate 30 successful years in the recruitment industry. Meridian has an extensive network of 60 branches nationwide, providing over 5,000 temporary staff on a weekly basis and placing over 900 permanent candidates each year.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.