£30000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: benefits
01392 423 301
about 1 month ago
An opportunity to work with multiple engineering practices?
We are seeking to recruit a Production Technician to join a small team and ensure quality products are delivered on time. The production technician's responsibilities will include supervising and controlling processes. Performing various design and programming changes on products, writing up reports, diagnosing and resolving problems with products within the ECR/ECN process, and providing training and general engineering support to the engineering team.
To be a successful production technician, you should display great attention to detail and a sound understanding of what makes a good product. First class candidates are able to identify problems in a product and make clear recommendations to workers on the assembly line.
Production Technician Responsibilities:
- Produce a wide range of high-end products for our end customers.
- Modify product ranges within the specials process using Solidworks
- CNC programming on VMC, lath and routers using alpacam
- Use of various engineering practices Drilling, assembly, CNC machining.
- Interpret and conduct work from engineering drawings.
- Responsible for meeting deadlines or escalating when unable to.
- Good time management with the ability to work unsupervised and think outside the box.
- Inspecting machinery and reporting any faults to management and workers.
- Identifying faults and troubleshooting wherever possible.
- Establishing high-quality standards and ensuring workers implement them.
- Light design work to implement changes from the ECR/ECN/DCR process
- Other duties as and when required
Production Technician Requirements:
- Experience in manufacturing would be advantageous.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Good powers of observation.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- A positive attitude and willingness to work overtime when required.
- Skilled in Solidworks (Training can be provided)
- Skilled in Alphacam (Training can be provided)
- Willing to travel to other sites (overnight stays,expenses paid)