Newton Abbot, Devon
about 1 month ago
IT Technician - Term Time Only - Competitive salary - Newton Abbot
Are you looking for an IT technician role working term time only? Do you have Basic understanding of internet networks, an awareness of mobile device deployment, as well as experience in maintaining and improving management systems? If you have excellent communication skills with a diverse range of people and maybe have experience working in a school/college or multiple site environment you may want to learn more about this exciting new role.
The role is to support the day to day running of IT systems throughout the 3 sites across the Newton Abbot and Torbay area. In this role the candidate will be the first line of contact for any computer related issues stretching from printers, emails device management and maintenance of our system.
- Installing and configuring hardware and software components to ensure usability
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Ensuring electrical safety standards are met
- Repairing or replacing damaged hardware
- Upgrading the entire system to enable compatible software on all computers
- Installing and upgrading anti-virus software to ensure security at the user level
- Performing tests and evaluations on new software and hardware
- Providing support to users and being the first point of contact for error reporting
- Establishing good relationships with all departments and colleagues
- Conducting daily backup operations
- Managing technical documentation
- To ensure full participation in one-to-one and supervision meetings, and any other meetings that may be deemed necessary as required by the post
Hours: Hours to be agreed upon appointment as we welcome applicants who are seeking full time and part time
If you would like to learn more about this role and see the full Job description please give Mags a call on 01392 423301 / 07788 978 478
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.