IT 1st Line support assistant is required to help identify/resolve/escalate software and hardware problems, working within a large organisation based within the centre of Taunton.
The post holder will be part of a team and will form 1st line support for the reporting of IM&T problems across the organisation.
The post holder will provide 1st line support to staff, ensuring accurate call logging and incident resolution for complex hardware and software problems.
Main duties will include;
- To provide a development service to install, maintain computer systems including IT hardware and software for users. Equipment will include personal computers, printers and scanners etc.
- To provide telephone or e-mail support and advice to diagnose and resolve IM&T related problems or issues where possible over the telephone.
- Responsible for diagnosing and providing remote repairs and fixes for IM&T related problems or queries.
- To process and update telephony requests received by the helpdesk.
- To allocate jobs that cannot be resolved on first contact to the relevant support group.
- To monitor jobs via the call logging system
- To receive and triage complex and urgent IM&T support incidents.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining various IT user accounts for e-mail and other systems, and resolve password / account related problems.
- Handle confidential information in accordance with current policies and procedures.
- To assist in providing an analysis of calls, highlight any problems/issues and provide any reports to the Service Desk Supervisor.
- To perform all other duties and tasks as required to ensure an effective and efficient level of IM&T support is provided.
Previous IT support experience would be beneficial or strong customer service skills and a keen interest in IT software and hardware maintenance. You will need to have a high level of patience and be able to explain potentially complex IT terminology to users.
Hours of work are 9am - 5pm but there is some flexibility around start and finish times, some out of hours work may be required on occasion.
Rate of pay is £10.18, this is an ongoing temporary contract potentially for up to 6 months.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.