IT Project/Programme Manager (Software Development) - Maidenhead
My client, a leading UK data collection business providing a data collection, monitoring and information delivery services to the transport industry, is looking for an IT Project/Programme Manager with a strong track record across managing software development projects.
This business is assessing and developing its own in-house software and systems, alongside developing new software products that will be utilised internally and rolled out externally to clients who can use this software to analyse, visualise and manipulate the data collected for their transport schemes.
We are looking for an experienced IT Project or Programme Manager who has extensive experience of managing software development projects through full life-cycle (SDLC). You will be based at my clients head office and you will be given full ownership of software development for the business overseeing the assessment and improvement of existing systems and architecture to ensure the business is future proofed. You will also have full responsibility for the innovation and development of new bespoke products, testing of new software, and the integration and launching of software products and services with a commercial focus. The successful person will report directly into the Managing Director and Director of Operations.
The ideal person will have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of managing software development projects through inception, full life-cycle (SDLC) and implementation/launch.
- Agile software development and project management methodologies.
- Has managed multiple work streams through to delivery within scope, time and budget.
- A solid understanding software development, coding/programming and testing. Any hands on technical skills with .NET, PHP and C++ would be beneficial (but is not essential).
- Will have launched and implemented developed software and products to both internal and external clients/stakeholders ideally within an SME environment.
- Will have worked with, managed, directed and coordinated off-shore software development and programming teams.
- You will be a self motivated, process driven, creative character that enjoys responsibility and taking ownership or projects and the development of software.
Following induction and getting up to speed with the business, you will immediately hit the ground running by overseeing the assessment and review of existing systems and architecture, reviewing the product pipeline and begin planning the software development process and time-line.
This is an excellent opportunity for an IT Project/Programme Manger with software development experience to take ownership of an ambitious scheme of work and innovative vision for the market leading business within the transport data industry. You will be the figure head for the entire businesses software development and products where you will be given the full backing and complete ownership to play a key role in shaping the future of the business and contributing to its ongoing commercial success.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.