£40000 - £50000 per annum
01392 423 301
10 days ago
Do you have end to end IT infrastructure and Project management experience? Are you looking to work for a dynamic global business based in Exeter offering you on-going training and career advancement? If you are looking to work with datacentres across the globe with technologies including VMWare, Cisco Meraki, Windows Server 2019, VEEAM (server and Office 365), Azure, Office 365 etc and have experience in IT Infrastructure strategy, budgets, and security policies this is a role you will want to explore?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an outstanding global business based in Exeter. You will be joining a welcoming and supportive team and will have the chance to grow your career. There will be opportunities to travel to the ten sites across the globe, from Valencia to L.A, and up to 4 times a year.
To ensure the Group I.T. infrastructure is maintained, either through the internal infrastructure team or external support to remain current, supportable, and secure. To help develop I.T. infrastructure strategy, budget, computer use and security policies for the business. The responsibilities will cover all 10 sites in 9 countries.
- Make use of external support vendors to provide a balance between internal and external capabilities that ensures company policy and requirements are delivered in an effective manner
- Develop, plan, build and optimise IT Infrastructure, particularly Microsoft technologies. Data centres to conform to agreed security/compliance policies.
- Ensure incident and problem management processes are mature with strong communication plans
- To deliver IT Infrastructure projects successfully, ensuring delivery within agreed timescales, scope and budgets
- Demonstrate and test service continuity plans and ensure systems perform to agreed RPO and RTO recovery times
- Leading the design, development, maintenance and support of the groups IT infrastructure and operational services. Monitor performance of the systems and networks and identify how performance can be improved
- Assuring the delivery of all IT operational services and the integrity of the groups IT infrastructure, ensuring that the company is legally compliant and operating with all necessary licenses
- Ensure that security policies and procedures are being operated across all IT services and infrastructure and that there is an effective risk management approach in force to regularly assess and mitigate risks.
Do you have the following
Minimum 5 years I.T. experience
Project management or consultancy experience
End to end I.T. infrastructure management and security
Active Directory/Group Policies
Windows 2008 - 2019 Server
Windows 7 to 10
Microsoft Cloud technologies including Office 365
Security Software including EDR and AV solutions
Cisco Meraki firewall configuration
Veeam backup & replication
Cisco Firewalls (Meraki)
Router management and routing methods
Networking components (including managed switches)
Servers, desktops and laptops
PBX telephone system support and configuration
Qualified to Microsoft standards (e.g. MCSE)
Qualified to Cisco standards (e.g. CCNA)
Experience of ITIL and Prince2 methodologies (or general project management principles)
- International travel up to 4 times a year to visit some of our ten sites In places from Valencia to L.A. and many other countries
- Up to three weeks technical / people skills training available each year
- Opportunity to progress to Manager role within 2 to 4 years
- Opportunity to work with 5 datacentres across the globe with technologies including VMWare, Cisco Meraki, Windows Server 2019, VEEAM (server and Office 365), Azure, Office 365 etc
- Opportunity to work with applications (time and interest permitted) such as ERP, Payroll, Reporting, Workflow, EDI and various development tools etc
- Opportunity to develop skills in Cyber Essentials and ISO27001
- A chance to work in a dynamic and largely self-driven environment where personal and company advancement are key to how the small I.T. team work
This is a great opportunity for someone wishing to develop their career whilst working for a highly successful business, offering a supportive and caring working environment. If you would like to explore this opportunity further please apply below and Mags will call you shortly to discuss the role further.