£11 - £13 per hour
18 days ago
6 months +
The Import Co-ordinators will carry out the following duties:
- Ensuring that the Import of spares and repairs on a worldwide basis from both the Company’s Customers and Suppliers are processed within agreed service level and purchase order due date along with the correct documentation.
- Producing Import documents that are compliant to H M Revenue & Customs & Department for Business Innovation & Skills regulations.
- Producing Import documents that are Customer/Country specific. The documents must also be compliant with customer contractual requirements.
- Ensuring that where necessary shipping documentation is compliant to Letter of Credit terms and conditions.
- Ensuring that where necessary the completion of the import entry through the internal system, or via a full declaration to the nominated freight forwarder.
- Progressing components through the Import process, ensuring that they are Imported in accordance with customer requirements and to the agreed service levels and Purchase order due dates.
- Acting as the point of contact for queries from various internal departments and communicate response in an efficient and timely manner.
- Maintain regular communication with stakeholders regarding the delivery solution of their transportation needs.
- Ensuring that correct HM Revenue & Customs import procedures are complied with at time of import, including but not limited to Import Licence and commodity coding requirements.
- Communication with the Company’s external packing sub-contractor to ensure that spares and repairs are booked in with accordance to agreed service levels.
- Communication with both the Company’s preferred Freight Forwarders and Customers nominated agents. This will involve booking freight for Import via airfreight, sea freight and road freight ensuring that shipments arrive with customers and suppliers within agreed service levels.
- Checking freight bills against agreed rates to be processed for payment.
- Identifying and recommending solutions for process improvements.
- Ensuring that appropriate records are maintained that are compliant with the Department for Business Innovation & Skills & HM Revenue & Customs.
- Ensuring departmental & training instructions are continually maintained for given countries, customers, suppliers and procedures.
- Ensuring any internal documents on a working basis are updated and adhered to.
- Ensuring documents are in accordance with the regulations are despatched via Fedex on a daily basis.
- Relevant skills gained within a shipping/distribution environment would be desirable
- Previous experience of managing detailed paperwork within an administrative role
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of Word, Excel and Outlook essential
- Experience of SAP is advantageous but not essential as training can be given.
Salary is dependant on the level of shipping experience gained.
This role will be office based.