We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical/HVAC Engineer to join our Cheltenham based client on a temp to perm basis. This is a full time role which will offer a starting salary of just over £31,000pa. The role is based in Cheltenham but will involve travel to other local sites so it is essential that you have access to your own transport.
- To maintain building and engineering service's to ensure compliance with technical guidance and legislation to provide a safe and comfortable environment
- To use best practice and risk analysis techniques to operate all assets efficiently and safely
- Undertake surveys and reviews to ensure that standards are maintained.
- To implement changes in work practice due to legislation, codes of practice, guidelines etc
- To assist in carrying out Appraisals of members of the Estates Maintenance team to include the direct labour operatives and lower band Estates Officers.
- Maintenance of medical machinery
- To be prepared to stand in for the workshop managers should the need arise.
- To ensure that finances are spent in the best and most cost effective manner
- To promote a safe culture by contributing to Health and Safety and Risk Management
- To plan & prioritise maintenance projects and backlog maintenance including liaison with users, other estates personnel, contractors and specialist agencies to ensure minimum disruption to services.
- To assist in supervising and monitoring engineering contractors in a nominated manager role for specialist service contracts to a value in excess of £100K to ensure that the specified standards are met.
- To represent the dept on capital, minor works, maintenance and quality control committees and meetings as directed by senior Estate managers.
- Ideally you will be a time served engineer who has undergone an apprenticeship
- You will have a mechanical background
- HVAC experience is an advantage
- Driving licence
- Due to the nature of the client you will be to undergo a DBS check prior to any placement
- Attention to detail
- Approachable and professional attitude
If you feel that you may be suitable for this role then please apply online with your CV.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.