£25000 - £27000 per annum + Pension
The Recruitment Team
10 days ago
Health and Safety officer - PERMANENT ROLE - up to £27,000pa
Are you an experienced Health and Safety professional and looking for a new exciting challenge?
Our client is leading National Logistics company, looking for Health and Safety Officer to join our team at our new site based out of Appleton Thorn, Warrington.
- £25,000 - £27,000pa + Benefits
- Working any 5 out of 7 on either rotating Day 6am - 2.30pm & 2pm to 10.30pm or Nights 10pm - 6.30am
- Contracted to 37.5 Hours per week
- 25 days holiday & Pension scheme
Security clearance will need to be gained and therefore vigorous pre employment vetting will form part of the recruitment process.
This is a hand's on role, where you will report into HSEQ Manager. Being a Health and Safety office, you will be covering Accident investigations, Risk assessments and supporting on Local HSEQ Plans.
You will use your experience to actively reduce accidents by completing risk assessments & investigations to understand & deliver location-based safety training that is required. You will also produce management reports to the senior leadership team & HSEQ Manager to ensure that the site is adhering to corporate and legislative compliance.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Working with the local management team and the HSEQ Manager to develop, implement and manage the local risk based HSEQ Plans
- Promote HSEQ and drive tangible improvements in safety performance and culture. Work with local management teams on all aspects of HSEQ, including coaching for managers to develop skills within the site teams.
- Provide professional support to local line management at all levels. Working with the HSEQ Change Manager ensuring that Best Practice in health & safety is adopted and regularly reviewed. This will include day to day management; accident reduction strategies; and management training requirements.
- Carry out statistical analysis and trending to identify issues of concern; assist in the creation, modification and delivery of relevant action plans and provide support for all HSEQ
- Assist in or lead (as required) the investigation and management of incidents (including major incidents), providing advice on root causation, best preventative measures and sharing lessons learned.
- Working with the HSEQ Manager develop systems that will ensure that the location safety management system is fit for purpose.
- Using corporate HSEQ IT systems e.g. Safeguard, Webrisk etc., to support the delivery of the above accountabilities
- To keep abreast of corporate, regulatory and legislative changes and advise management of the implications for the business. To undertake a recognised CPD programme.
- Involvement with internal working parties as appropriate to ensure we are seen to be actively leading safety initiatives
- To deliver location-based safety training as required.
- Produce management reports as required by the local line manager and HSEQ Manager.
Experience & Qualifications
- Must have experience of managing HSEQ at a local level
- Either hold Tech IOSH or willing to work towards this qualification
- Either hold qualified or equivalent or willing to work towards this qualification (candidates who are studying to this level will be considered - an expectation is to complete this training within the first 24 months of your employment.
- You will need to have competent administration and IT skills
- Experience of environmental and quality management would be preferable
- Will have the leadership and influencing skills to drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Will have effective presentation and training skills
Please APPLY ONLINE, if you have any question please give us a call on 0118 907 3199 Option 1 Manger vacancies, Option 2 for all other vacancies.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.