Are you a skilled HR Professional looking for a new challenge? Would you like the opportunity to join a friendly SME based in Cheddar as an HR Executive and be responsible for creating, designing and implementing the HR policies and systems that will support the overall business strategy? This role is to cover a period of maternity leave and will be on a fixed term contract basis for 12-14 months so if that would appeal to your needs please read on.
The role includes supporting, training and advising managers in a variety of HR-related activities, so the employee base is utilised to its maximum potential, in a fair and consistent way. As a member of the senior management team, the HR Executive will be responsible for the HR direction, strategy and budgeting, working and collaborating alongside key stakeholders across the business.
Key duties will include-
- Providing first line support, training and advise to managers. This could be on matters including disciplinaries, grievances, absence, performance management retirement and redundancy where appropriate
- Continuously monitoring, writing and reviewing HR policies and processes, consulting and implementing changes where necessary
- Designing training content, manage training suppliers and organise training events.
- Manage and/or support the recruitment process, including negotiation with recruitment agencies, advertisements, selection, interviews and testing.
- Carry out new starter inductions, including generating employment contracts and T&C's
- Provide first line advice on current and existing employee benefits, as well as bench marking and implementation of the wider reward strategy
To be considered we will be looking for you to hold CIPD Level 3/5 ideally and you must have experience in a HR Advisor/Coordinator/Manager role, with experience of working within an SME business. You will need to have a broad range of experience within HR Disciplines including employment Law, L & D and recruitment and selection. You will have excellent influencing skills, with the aptitude to present and interact at all levels, and be emotionally intelligent with the ability to build rapport across the entire organisation. The ability to maintain confidentiality, consistently acting with discretion and diplomacy will be essential along with excellent communication and organisational skills.
A highly competitive salary is available for the successful candidate.
For further information please contact Lucy Wiltshire at the Taunton office.
Meridian Business Support Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.