Manchester, Greater Manchester
3 months ago
HR & OD Transformational Change Manager
Manchester (with some travel to the London Office)
Pay band: 8a
Initially 12 weeks with this leading to 18 months for the right person, with a possibility to extend beyond this.
37.5 hours per week.
My client within the public sector is embarking on a sustained period of transformational change, and so an opportunity has arisen for a dedicated MCIPD / CIPD level 7 HR & Organisational Development (OD) Transformational Change Manager to lead on the scoping and implementation of my clients People workstreams.
You'll be working collaboratively with a range of people across their organisation, including the transformation unit, senior leaders and their Communications team. You'll play a critical role in supporting the organisation to achieve its goals.
To lead on projects which are carefully tailored to the organisational context. You'll be using your HR and OD skills to support the change. You will have a proven track record of end-to-end management of change and transformation. You'll be providing expert leadership and guidance in supporting the organisation to adapt, improve and evolve.
Duties for HR / OD Transformational Change Manager will include but are not limited to:
- Provide strategic, specialised advice on the HR and OD impacts and implications to drive the business transformation plans.
- Lead, participate and provide advice to managers, staff and representatives regarding the process for organisational and workforce change in designated work areas,
- Ensure and oversee workforce plans for the change is agreed, managed and fully implemented
- Negotiate, motivate and influence role design and how it relates to other relevant jobs and the organisations structure.
- Provide expert advice and interpretation on the implications of changes in employment legislation and contractual issues.
- Act as a senior internal OD consultant, providing strong, visible and professional leadership to devise and implement OD solutions that align with the transformation plan and that enhance organisational effectiveness
- Leading on key deliverables within the People and Resourcing workstream, including culture change and employee engagement
- Supporting with the roll-out of change programmes at both a local and organisational level, managing activities and workshops
- Analysing and diagnosing areas for improvement with teams and recommending solutions
- Support department/directorate initiatives on new ways of working and ensuring that staff are fully engaged in the transformation process
- Be responsible for the design and delivery of a range of training interventions to support employees and managers through change
Person Specification for the HR / OD Transformational Change Manager:
- Educated to postgraduate level in a relevant subject (such as HR, L&D, Organisational Development, Psychology), or equivalent level of experience working in a similar role
- Evidence of relevant continuous professional development
- A good understanding of employment law in relevant to managing change
- HR practical knowledge gained through experience of managing change
- A skilled negotiator and influencer
- Be a self-starter who can work under little supervision and who can take the initiative
- Be an effective team member who can relate to colleagues at all levels with tact and diplomacy
- Communicate succinctly, clearly and accurately in plain simple English, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent project management skills
- A thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
A full Job Description will be sent to those that are short listed.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.