We have an opportunity for a HR Advisor
within the HR team, reporting to the HR Manager supporting a large engineering manufacturing facility in Exeter. You will be working in very fast-paced environment and will be accountable for providing a front-line HR and Employee Relations
policy and process advice service to Howmet’s employees and managers. This role requires someone with experience of delivering a professional HR service within a production or manufacturing environment
. The applicant will need to be highly resilient, used to working under pressure, organised, and have a detailed knowledge of employee relations, HR processes and policies
and systems. Main Responsibilities:
- HR Policy, Process and System Queries
- Be the first line contact for all employees, supervisors and site/department managers across the business for all people matters. Providing a professional front-line advisory service that supports employees and managers with HR policy, process and system queries; aiming to resolve as many at first point of contact as possible.
- Support absence management cases, ensuring that the appropriate Occupation Health recommendations are managed and applied successfully.
- Ability to case manage extremely complex, sensitive or high-profile ER cases, as and when required.
- Managing cases such as conduct matters, capability and other employee relations issues. This may include reviewing investigation reports and complex letters or communications.
- Maintaining positive relationships with the wider business functions including Occupational Health, Health & Safety, Business operations and Trade Unions.
- HR Policy, Process and Systems
- Responsible for leading and producing the weekly and monthly HR metrics and to provide a comprehensive analysis of the data in preparation for presentation to the Plant Managers’ and the Corporate HR team.
- Demonstrable experience in a hands generalist HR advisory role.
- Dealing with other HR Matters across a business within a fast-paced environment.
- ER knowledge and experience of case management, best practice and processes.
- Experience of working within a manufacturing unionised environment is preferred.
- Good understanding of Employment Law with an up to date and comprehensive knowledge of UK employment law, HR policies and procedures and best practice.
- Confident and tenacious, taking ownership of issues to resolution in a timely manner.
- Experience and proficient in using HR databases and strong IT skills Microsoft office (Work/Excel/PowerPoint etc.)
- CIPD qualified or equivalent experience prefeffered
Monday to Friday 8am-4pm