£24000 - £26000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, BUPA
01392 423 301
29 days ago
Working for a global engineering organisation supporting the UK operations and some global remote locations in all aspects of recruitment and selection, employment law, employee relations, and the provision of HR advice to all 300 employees in the Exeter operation. You will work with an inspiring HRBP and be an extremely hands on generalist with a ‘can do’ attitude. Ideally you’ll be CIPD 5 minimum and offer a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar HR generalist role.
• Liaise with and support managers regarding recruitment.
• Advise and administer interview and selection process including taking an active part in interviews.
• Preparation of offer letters and contracts of employment.
• Manage pre-employment checks i.e. right to work in the UK.
• Give appropriate HR advice to ensure individuals and the company adhere to employment legislation, safeguarding the company’s duty of care.
• Support managers in disciplinary and grievance matters. This may include investigations, guiding and advising managers during a hearing, taking appropriate notes and confirming the outcome.
• Support and guide managers on absence management and performance management issues
• Maintain the employee data system for European subsidiaries
• Assist the HRBP on gathering and preparing data for the annual salary review and bonus scheme process
• Support on projects as required
• Support the Payroll & Benefits Specialist and provide cover for this role when necessary
Ability to interact with others with sensitivity and diplomacy
Excellent PC literacy (Microsoft Office)
Strong time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing demands
Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
Ability to influence others and decisions
Ability to work unsupervised and using own initiative
Life assurance cover 2 x basic salary (rising to 3 x basic salary for pension scheme members)
Company Pension Plan - Employer contributions of 6% (with min of 3% employee contributions)
25 days paid annual leave + bank holidays
Membership into the company medical insurance plan (80% subsidised)
8.30-5 Monday to Friday