South West England
£27000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Company Pension, Healthcare, subsidised coffee shop, staff discount on products
01392 423 301
about 2 months ago
Reporting to the HR Manager, supporting a well established and experienced senior management team, within a busy SME with 300 staff, this will be an integral role in a great HR Team. As one of four, you will help to support the HR function within this successful warehousing and distribution business to deliver a high quality, professional HR service to Managers and Team Members across the business. You will provide advice and guidance on all HR matters, including employee relations, training and development, and recruitment. Support the business caring for and working with our Teams to achieve strategic objectives and the individual goals of Team Members’.
- To support each Team Member through their journey at our company and assist leaders to manage their teams in achieving strategic objectives and the personal goals of each Team member.
- To maintain and update HR systems and personal files, both paper based and electronic systems, supporting file audits as required to ensure files are up to date and legally compliant e.g. Home Office and GDPR. Maintain communications within the HR team and with the Warehouse Management team to support record keeping and information sharing
- Provide general support to the HR function and Managers on all HR issues including the production of paperwork, and overseeing HR processes.
- Manage case work including conducting formal meetings and managing employment relation processes including conduct /performance investigations and/or disciplinary hearings and grievance meetings, accident investigations, flexible working requests and mediation meetings. Ensuring legal process is followed and matters are documented and resolved appropriately.
- Provide general advice and support to enquiries from both Managers and Team Members.
- Support the recruitment process for the areas of the business you have ownership for, and organise recruitment campaigns, including writing job descriptions, advertising vacancies internally and with agencies, job boards and the Company website. Recording/filing/responding to applications and speculative enquires, recording referrals via the internal referral scheme, recording and filing applicants’ details, booking interviews, preparing interview and scoring documentation, attending and note taking during interviews, and supporting Managers to review and shortlist applications, and conduct interviews.
- To conduct starter and leaver processes including onboarding, inductions and exit interviews, processing documentation and providing feedback to Managers as required.
- Support the absence management process, participate in and support wellbeing initiatives in the business, produce reports in excel from the online HR system on a regular and ‘as required’ basis, to assist with the organisation of training including scheduling, and record keeping.
• At least two years practical experience in an HR Advisor/Officer or similar level role
• Experience of managing employee relations case work in a similar work environment
• Awareness of employment law and practical HR knowledge.
• Experience advising line managers.
• Aspirations for continuous professional and or personal development
• CIPD Level 5 qualification or similar training and/or desire to complete
Integrity and Trust