£28927 - £33012 per annum
0161 830 8870
about 1 month ago
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 8.30am till 5pm.
- Participate in the housing options duty system to deal with frontline enquiries and in an out of hours rota to cover emergency housing issues, as required.
- Assist people who are in housing need or who have housing related enquiries in person, by telephone, letter or e-mail.
- Undertake a full assessment of a customer’s housing needs in accordance with the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017, to establish their housing rights, identify their housing options and assist them with accessing these options. Where necessary correspond with third parties to investigate a customer’s circumstances. Wherever possible ensure advice is given to delay or prevent homelessness.
- Visit customers in their home to give advice and discuss their housing options if required.
- Provide outreach housing options surgeries for customers who are more difficult to engage or who are unable to access the Council’s offices in Dorking.
- Maintain daily comprehensive case work records and ensure customers’ housing register applications are kept up to date.
- Reply to letters, e-mails and telephone calls from customers and external agencies.
- Take applications from people who are homeless in accordance with Part VII 1996 Housing Act, as amended by the Homelessness Act 2002 and the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017, investigate, make decisions and explain applicants’ rights.
- Ensure homeless applicants are provided with emergency accommodation if appropriate.
- Refer customers who need support to appropriate agencies, eg. CAB, solicitors, Children Services, tenancy support services, Probation, Youth Justice and Community Mental Health Recovery Team. Work with these agencies, as required.
- Draft and revise housing options procedure notes, leaflets and the website as required by the Housing Options Manager.
- Represent the Council at meetings as necessary.
- Be aware of the Council’s policy on Risk Management and to escalate any new, emerging or potential risks to the post holder’s line manager.
- 16. Collect relevant data and statistics. Complete government and internal returns, as required. Ensure that all necessary data is provided in an accurate, reliable and timely manner, and is fit for purpose in accordance with the Council’s Data Quality Policy.
- Carry out such duties as may be required by your manager as appropriate to the post.
- Work in accordance with the Councils commitment to provide a healthy and safe working environment including the promotion and implementation of health and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the Council's corporate standards are met for customer care and equality.
If your interested in the above role please apply online.