Up to £8.72 per hour
about 2 months ago
Are you keen to support the health care industry at a local hospital based in the Somerset area? We are currently recruiting for hospital porters to support the on site clinical team.
The role will involve assisting in the movement of patients and equipment around the hospital site.
Other duties may include:
- Cleaning and tidying outside areas and gritting in cold weather
- Cleaning indoors
- Replacing curtains round beds in wards
Successful candidates will need to be:
- Friendly and helpful
- Calm and reassuring
- Physically fit for lifting, walking, pushing, etc
- Willing to work with staff and patients of all ages and from all walks of life
- Health and safety aware
- Able to follow instructions carefully
- Good communicators
As part of this role you may be coming into contact with patients diagnosed with Covid-19, so infection control training will be provided.
Previous cleaning/healthcare experience would be desirable but mostly you will need a friendly and calm approach to dealing with people.
Hours of work are full time and part time Monday to Sunday on a rota basis. This role is to start immediately.
You will need to undergo a DBS check prior to commencing this role.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.