£35000 per annum
10 days ago
About the role
We are looking to offer Registered Nurses, Physiotherapists, Paramedics and Occupational Therapists this exciting opportunity to expand their medical knowledge by carrying out independent health assessments on behalf of Department of Work and Pensions (DWP).
By using your medical experience and clinical knowledge, this role sees you carrying out assessments for claimants of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) in a dignified manner. You will not be the decision maker; however, your focus is on how a person’s health condition(s) affect their day-to-day living. The great thing about this role is that it is still clinical and very diverse, you’ll see a lot of different conditions and you’ll be involved with claimants’ journeys post-diagnosis.
You will be using IT systems to write up medical evaluations which help support the DWP’s decision-making process.
Benefits include (but aren’t limited to);
- The standard working hours are Monday - Friday, office hours.
- Reimbursement of your annual NMC/HCPC registration fee.
- Bonus payment post-qualification
- No weekends, nights or bank holiday working.
- 25 days' annual leave, with the option to buy and sell annual leave.
- Pension scheme, matching up to 10% of your contributions.
- Life assurance, private medical insurance and medical indemnity insurance.
- Health screening every two years, after one year's completed service.
- Thorough in-house and professional training and development, covering well over the required CPD hours to re-validate and maintain your professional registration.