£37333 - £39333 per annum, Benefits: Bonus and Excellent Benefits
0151 556 2090
4 months ago
Salary: £37,333 - £39,333 + Bonus
Full Time and Part Time Opportunities
We are currently looking for qualified Nurses (RGN, RMN, RNLD), Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Paramedics and Doctors to join an established multi-professional team conducting functional medical assessments on behalf of a well-established independent health-care business.
You would be working for a leading provider of health-related government services, delivering disability assessment services on behalf of the DWP.
Our client is clinically led, which means that many of their senior leaders are healthcare professionals themselves which creates a great environment for shared learning, progression and networking.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Registered Nurse, Paramedic, Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist to enhance their assessment skills as well as continuing to develop their clinical skills. Full comprehensive training is provided with on going support throughout your career. There are a number of different progression avenues within the organisation due to the growing sector so there is plenty of opportunity for future progression within the role.
What does working as a Disability Analyst include?
You will work from home, using your skills as a healthcare professional to play a crucial role in the disability assessment process - a service that touches the lives of millions of people in the UK.
Once you have completed an accredited training programme you will work to assess the cases of people living with conditions and disabilities who are applying for the Personal Independence Payment (PIP). These cases will be sent to you and you will act independently from the government and decision-making bodies that manage the benefits system.
Your role will be solely focused on holding consultations over the telephone and talking to people about their disabilities. You will then produce clear, fair, and accurate assessment reports.
- Speaking with people making a claim for the PIP benefit over the phone as part of a consultation session. These cases will all be organised for you, leaving you free from any appointment admin.
- Working with a variety of different people presenting with a range of complex conditions including physical, mental health, cognitive and sensory impairments.
- Conducting a thorough functional medical assessment of their disability or condition.
- Using your strong communication skills to learn more about how their disability affects them.
- Write and Submit reports using a special IT system
If you wish to do a part time role then 4 weeks full time training is required before dropping down.
- Full HCPC/NMC registration
- Skilled in report writing
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work towards set targets
- Excellent work life balance, working Monday – Friday, no weekends, nights, or bank holidays.
- Salary increase at approximately 6 months and 12 months (on approval)
- The choice to work weekends and earn rewarding overtime payments
- Permanent Home working options available
- Progression opportunities
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- Healthcare cash plan enabling you to claim back on costs such as dental.
- Free and discounted physio.
- Bonus Structures – Can earn an extra £2000 annually
- Private healthcare plan.
- Pension scheme.
- Further ongoing CPD training and internal courses.
- Company phone and IT support provided to all staff.
- Free counselling and support services.
- Company-wide and regional social events
- Great team dynamics and a supportive clinical culture.
- Less admin tasks and more autonomy in your role.
- Employee Assistance Programme (accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days per week).
- Excellent prospects for promotion and professional growth.
- Revalidation support for nurses.
- Split role opportunities for physiotherapists, who can combine PIP assessments alongside our musculoskeletal physiotherapy development pathway.
- Virtual Training
Due to coronavirus the nature of this role has temporarily changed. Instead of working from a clinic location and meeting claimants in person, our Disability Assessors are currently holding consultations over the phone.
As we are currently operating remotely, your interview will be done virtually or over the phone as well as your training if you are successful.
If you feel the Disability Analyst position may be for you or you are interested in finding out further information please contact Ellouise Upton-Edwards at Meridian Business Support by email on email@example.com or call 07387-104-978. Alternatively