Higher Level Teaching Assistant - Westbury, WiltshireSalary: £23k - £25K per annum
Our clients School is an independent specialist school providing high-quality, therapeutic and child-centred education to boys and girls from 7 to 17 years of age in Westbury, Wiltshire.
Their children come from a wide range of backgrounds but all have Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH), and many will also have other Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) such as Autism, ADHD, and communication difficulties. Many will have suffered significant trauma and adverse childhood experiences and may have social care involvement.
The work they do is both varied and challenging and, as a trauma and attachment-informed organisation, all staff are provided with extensive therapeutic training and support. The Role of HLTA (Higher Level Teaching Assistant)
HLTAs at our client's school know that no two days are the same and that no two children are the same either. Our children require very special adults who can support children with complex and challenging behaviours. Their HLTAs may be:
Ideal candidates will have:
- supporting teachers in the classroom
- working with children 1:1 or delivering sessions with small groups of students
- managing classroom resources
- taking children on trips and visits
- having their lunch with children who struggle socially
- managing heightened behaviours and keeping children safe
- playing board games
- conducting science experiments
- making amazing displays
- celebrating success
- part of therapy sessions or reflecting on difficult periods
Benefits and Rewards
- Experience working with children with SEMH, ADHD, Complex learning needs and or Autism
- Able to de-escalate situations with ease, keeping a calming, nurturing role model
- A DBS on the update service or be willing to have a new one processed
- Looking for permanent, full time work.
- Happy to start off temporary - permanent 12 weeks temp.
Interested and feel you have the passion and expertise to make a difference in childrens learning and development? Then attach your CV now to avoid disappointment!
- Staff laptop and mobile phone
- Competitive salary
- Extensive training and professional qualification opportunities
- Small class sizes with specialist TA support
- The chance to be part of an expanding, national organisation that recognises skill, effort and potential and grows its leadership teams
- Enhanced Occupational Sickness Scheme
- Flexible pension
- Regular therapeutic and supportive supervision
- Employee benefit service with access to well-being services, salary sacrifice schemes, high street vouchers, money off eating out and takeaways