Higher Level SEND Teaching Assistant
Actual salary £26,426 - £29,101 (FTE £30,825 - £33,945)
35 hours per term time plus INSET days (39 weeks) Are you a SEND HLTA with experience of working in a specialist SEN setting or PRU? Then this is the role for you!
Our partnering school are looking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic individual to undertake the role of Higher Level Teaching Assistant across their centres in the Manchester area, where you will be required to provide support for pupils in a variety of situations. There is an emphasis on delivering targeted SEND learning interventions with the ability to support intervention at universal targeted groups and specific individual levels.
Our client provides full time education for pupils between 11-16 who are permanently excluded, at risk of permanent exclusion or are otherwise unable to access a mainstream curriculum for a period of time. Their aim is to match provision closely to the needs of individual children and young people referred to by the local authority. They see the needs of their pupils as centring on their capacity to learn and make progress and seek to address the barriers to success that they face.
The person we are looking for will be a Higher Level Teaching Assistant, Learning Support or Teaching Assistant:
- is a positive, flexible and patient HLTA (Higher level teaching assistant) or Teaching Assistant
- Experience working with children with additional learning needs
- is committed to helping every student to achieve their potential
- can build and maintain good relationships with teachers, students and parents
- has GCSE grade C or equivalent in English and mathematics
- has strong ICT skills
- A DBS on the update service or be willing to have a new processed
The role is offered on a temporary to permanent basis and to start after February 2024 half term.
Interested and feel you have a passion for education and children with additional learning needs? then attach your CV now to avoid disappointment.