Our client based in Leeds are looking for a HGV Class 1 driver to work for their busy depot on a temporary basis in 2020. The role will be for 40 weeks of the year which will be confirmed once in your assignment
The duties and responsibilities are below
- You are responsible for the condition of your vehicle when in use on the road and must, therefore, report any defects or symptoms of defects that could prevent the safe operation of the vehicle immediately. To ensure that defect sheets are completed and handed into the office.
- To take care when manoeuvring skip vehicle on customer's property, do a visual check first; i.e. check for manholes, gates, etc. To notify customers of any possible damage and ensure customers read the terms and conditions on the back of the delivery ticket.
- To adhere to any site rules as supplied by the customer. To be courteous and helpful to customers at all times.
- To ensure all incidents involving customers/employee's vehicles and/or equipment are reported to the Operations Manager.
- To ensure hazard warning lights are on at all times when loading and unloading on highways.
- Before lifting full skips or hitching up to trailers, check the load is safe and secure. Netted during transport.
- To ensure that vehicles are refuelled at the end of the working day.
- To hand tachos in weekly, ensuring that the correct week is handed in.
- To inspect the vehicle each day as per the check sheet and report any defects immediately.
- To keep vehicles clean and tidy both inside and out.
- To be aware of the vehicle height, which is displayed in the cab, at all times.
- To be of smart appearance and wear uniform as provided.
- To ensure P.P.E. is worn at all appropriate times
- To ensure that the operation and related tasks are conducted in a safe working manner and that any incidents/ accidents and hazards are duly reported.
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks as commensurate with the position/seen fit by the Company.
To ensure all safety precautions as detailed in the Health and Safety procedures are taken and that safety equipment is in good order and used at all times
If you are interested in the role, please call 0191 232 3302 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.