A well respected renewable heating supplier requires an experienced Plumbing and Heating Engineer to help commission and service systems throughout the Cambridgeshire area and surrounding vicinity. You will work from home, travel daily and potentially stay away in the region of 4 nights per month. You will provide on-site technical support services to customers across a range of underfloor, heat pump and solar heating systems, ensuring all customers receive the highest levels of service.
- Commission heat pump systems.
- Check the installation against the design, set up the system according to the commissioning document provided, test for correct operation and provide the customer with a system handover
- Servicing systems in line with the documentation provided, answering any queries the customer may have
- Trouble shooting on systems.
- Identify, resolve and test the system, aiming for first visit resolution
- Effective management of time on site, communicating arrival times with customers
- Build customer relationships to establish an excellent experience of the company
- Maintain discretion, ensuring company sensitive information is not discussed directly with customers
- Provide telephone support to our customers for trouble-shooting problems as required
- There will be a requirement to stay away an average of four nights per month
- City & Guilds or equivalent qualification in plumbing and heating
- Minimum 3 years practical knowledge in the industry
- Renewable industry knowledge preferable
- Understand the principles of mechanical and electrical services
- Construction industry knowledge
- Valid UK driving licence
- Understand the principles of Mechanical and Electrical services
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- Independent self-starter, able to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Excellent levels of customer service in person and via the telephone
- Company van, equipment, mobile and laptop provided
- Individual Performance Related Bonus up to 2% of salary
- Up to 3% matched pension contributions
- 23 days holiday (rising to 28 with tenure) plus bank holidays
- 10% membership discount for LED leisure
Working Hours: 8.30-5pm Mon-Fri with overnight stays required
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.