£33000 per annum, Benefits: 24 days holiday, increasing to 27 days based on yearly service, plus bank holidays. Pension Scheme Life Assurance Company Van, mobile and laptop all provided
01392 423 301
11 months ago
Are you somebody who loves variety in your workload, and can travel throughout Gloucester, Hereford and North Wales to service and maintain a broad range of heating products including Gas, Electric and Solid Fuel? If you’re also happy to stay away from home for up to 4 nights per week, then this could be just the job for you. Your primary responsibility will be the completion of warranty and annual service work for Gas, Electric and Solid Fuel heating appliances. But you will also be required to diagnose faults and repair appliances, and also maintain products, in a timely and cost effective manner. You will have a great deal of autonomy but also have the opportunity to work as part of team, with professionals in the office to handle all administration and order all parts. You’ll be provided with a fully equipped van and all of your overnight accommodation will be paid for up front.
- To ensure all service and warranty calls are carried out in a professional, timely and accurate manner, ensuring that the issues are properly and fully resolved during the first visit.
- To correctly identify the reason for the reported issue and determine whether that issue falls within a company manufacturing fault or an installation/user fault, which will then be charged on site to the customer.
- To ensure the end user’s safety in accordance with all the relevant regulations for installation and use.
- To issue any safety notices if required and to inform the relevant personnel and complete the company’s required paperwork after each client visit.
- The service engineer is responsible for recording all of the tests and work carried out as well as the faults found. This recording will need to be completed on the laptop/iPad and uploaded regularly to the company’s database.
Proven experience of working with heating appliances or servicing comparable equipment in the field.
CCN1 (Domestic Core Gas Safety), HTR1 (Gas Fires & Wall Heaters), CONGLP1 (LPG Changeover)
GAS SAFE requirements (OFTEC also an advantage)
Valid, clean UK driving licence
Well developed interpersonal skills
Independent self-starter, able to work in a cross-functional team environment
Excellent levels of customer service in person and via the telephone
Be confident in discussing payment requirements with customers face to face.
Proactive approach to keeping records and reports up to date.
Diplomatic nature to ensure company policy is followed and customers are left satisfied.
Knowledge of software programmes including email and Word.
Flexibility to carry out a wide ranging role that will vary across the year
24 days holiday, increasing to 27 days based on yearly service, plus bank holidays.
Company Van, mobile and laptop all provided
8.30-5pm Mon-Fri with overnight stays required