£38000 per annum, Benefits: + 25 days paid annual leave + 8 Bank Holidays + company benefits package, training and career progression
4 months ago
This is permanent, full time role working Monday to Friday 8am until 4:30pm.
£38k per year salary + 25 days paid annual leave + 8 Bank Holidays + company benefits package, training and career progression
- To take responsibility for all Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) elements pertaining to the relevant contract, promoting the highest standard of Safety and Environmental matters
- Promote an enthusiastic HS&E culture that delivers a positive commitment to engage all employees in the continuous improvement of HS&E performance.
Aims and Objectives
- To focus on the expected “Support Team” behaviours for achieving significant results and outcomes for the business, helping the company to maintain its leading edge status within the industry and our reputation with our customers.
- Provide positive leadership within the area of operation and promote the adoption of HS&E best practice.
- To work with others and provide advice to ensure a safety responsible culture is established with our supply chain – chair principal sub-contractor forums
- Foster companywide HS&E awareness with appropriate training and education programmes to reinforce understanding balanced up by an effective internal communications programme
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Advise management on all relevant aspects of safety, health, welfare and environmental protection with emphasis on sound methods of working and systems to identify hazards
- Work with the on site team to ensure there is a suite of site specific risk assessments covering all tasks carried out by company Employees on site.
- Carry out HS&E inspections and ensure the coordination of risk assessments
- Monitor procedures, risk assessments and method statements.
- Produce HS&E performance reports based on audits and inspections as required.
- Monitor and report on the implementation of the approved HS&E objectives
- Promptly alert line and functional management to significant accidents and incidents.
- Investigate accidents, incidents (including “near misses”) and dangerous occurrences in order to make recommendations to prevent recurrences
- Monitor and report on operational HS&E performance and make recommendations for improvement. Monitor to ensure that effective action is taken.
- Assist with the identification and delivery of HS&E training needs including the presentation of formal courses and on-site certification
- Review HS&E training system and implement any required changes
- Review existing HS&E systems/procedures for the contract and implement systems/procedures for new contracts incorporating current legislation and new legislation as it arises.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in a health and safety role preferably in the Construction / Engineering Sector
- NEBOSH National Certificate / Construction Certificate or equivalent.
- Sound technical Health and Safety knowledge
- Understanding of HS&E Management systems
- Understanding of UK HS&E legislation
- Ability to work independently and in Department and project teams
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word office software particularly word and Excel
- Strong organisational, decision-making and communication skills as you will often have to persuade site management to agree with decisions.
- A Building Services or Facilities background, with emphasis on mechanical and electrical installation.
- Experience of training design and delivery, good presentation skills.
- Environment experience.