£40000 - £45000 per annum + Pension & Private Medical insurance
The Recruitment Team
27 days ago
Health and Safety Manager - PERMANENT ROLE - up to £45,000pa
Are you an experienced Health and Safety Manager and looking for a new exciting challenge?
We are a leading National Logistics company, looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join our team at our new site based out of Ebbsfleet, Dartford.
- £40,000 - £45,000pa + Benefits
- Working any 5 out of 7
- Contracted to 37.5 Hours per week
- 25 days holiday, Private Medical Insurance & Pension scheme
As a Health and Safety Manager you will be a vital part in the warehouse operation; You will oversee all aspects of the Safety, Health, Environment and Quality(SHEQ function) ensuring the respective management teams and on-site H&S coordinators are adhering to the SHEQ polices & procedures.
You will use your experience of managing SHEQ across multiple sites to support up to 3 warehouse operations and develop a team of up to 15 SHEQ coordinators per site. As you are supporting up to 3 sites you will need to have a driving licence & access to a car.
Working with the management team to plan SHEQ strategy to drive tangible improvements in safety performance and culture alongside providing health & safety providing management guidance taking ownership of accident reduction strategies and delivering all SHEQ management training requirements.
Security clearance will need to be gained and therefore vigorous pre employment vetting will form part of the recruitment process.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist local management teams with strategic planning.
- Work with local management teams and safety champions to develop and manage Annual SHEQ Plans.
- Promote the SHEQ strategy to drive a tangible improvement in safety performance and culture.
- Support, coach and guide local management teams on all aspects of SHEQ, being accountable for performance across the site.
- Provide expert professional support to line management at all levels within the site, ensuring that Best Practice in health & safety is adopted and regularly reviewed. This will include day to day management; accident reduction strategies; and management training requirements.
- Carry out statistical analysis and trending to identify issues of concern; assist in the creation, modification and delivery of relevant action plans and provide support for all HSEQ
- Assist in or lead (as required) the investigation and management of incidents (including major incidents), providing advice on root causation, best preventative measures and sharing lessons learned.
- In consultation with the Divisional HSEQ Manager / HSEQ Change Manager develop and maintain a specialism for one of the Company's key issues, namely quality, environment, warehouse safety, vehicle safety, food safety, fire safety, noise, ergonomics or other as business needs require.
- Develop systems that will ensure that the safety management system is fit for purpose and effective
- Mentoring and developing site based SHEQ Champions / Coordinators
- Using corporate SHEQ IT systems e.g. Safeguard, Mobile Safety, Webrisk etc., to support the delivery of the above accountability's
- To keep abreast of corporate, regulatory and legislative changes and advise management of the implications for the business. To undertake a recognised CPD programme.
- Involvement with internal and external working parties as appropriate to ensure we are seen to be actively leading safety initiatives
- To deliver safety training as required.
- Produce management reports as required by the Transport Services Senior Team and Divisional SHEQ Manager
Experience & Qualifications
- Must have 2 years' experience as Health and Safety Manager
- Must have experience of managing SHEQ across multiple locations
- Grad IOSH or working towards or willing to train and complete qualification within 24 months
- Must have NEBOSH Certificate
- Must hold a full UK drivers' licence with no more than 6 points
- Must have leadership and influencing skills to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Must be able to prioritise time working in a multi-site environment and manage/influence colleagues remotely
- Will be able to combine a range of strategic and hands-on tasks and manage a diverse workload
- Will have effective presentation and training skills
- Experience of environmental and quality management would be preferable
Please APPLY ONLINE, if you have any question please give us a call on 0118 907 3199 Option 1 Manger vacancies, Option 2 for all other vacancies.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.