£29700 per annum
0118 907 3199
23 days ago
Are you looking to move into a sole Health & Safety role?
- Is 50% of your working day taken up with Health & Safety already?
- Do you conduct Risk assessments & support process changes?
- Do you want to gain you NEBOSH Certificate & Tech IOSH
- Are you flexible to work Nights & Weekends?
Our client is leading National Logistics company, looking for Health and Safety Coordinator to join our team at our new site based out of Ashford
- £29,700pa (includes night shit premium)
- Working any 5 out of 7 - Weekend work will be required
- Shift times: 22:00 - 06:30 Fixed Shift
- Contracted to 37.5 Hours per week
- 25 days holiday & Pension scheme
Security clearance will need to be gained and therefore vigorous pre employment vetting will form part of the recruitment process.
This is a hand’s on role, where you will report into HSEQ Manager. Being a Health and Safety Coordinator, you will be covering Accident investigations, Risk assessments, Local HSEQ Plans, actively working towards accident reduction, deliver location based safety training, Produce management reports as required by the local line manager & HSEQ Manager and ensure that the site is adhering to corporate and legislative compliance.
You will manage and facilitate all site health and safety activities in a manner that ensures all statutory and company requirements are achieved and maintained in support of the business objectives.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Working with the local management team and the HSEQ Manager to develop, implement and manage the local risk based HSEQ Plans
- Promote HSEQ and drive tangible improvements in safety performance and culture. Work with local management teams on all aspects of HSEQ, including coaching for managers to develop skills within the site teams.
- Provide professional support to local line management at all levels. Working with the HSEQ Change Manager ensuring that Best Practice in health & safety is adopted and regularly reviewed. This will include day to day management; accident reduction strategies; and management training requirements.
- Carry out statistical analysis and trending to identify issues of concern; assist in the creation, modification and delivery of relevant action plans and provide support for all HSEQ
- Assist in or lead (as required) the investigation and management of incidents (including major incidents), providing advice on root causation, best preventative measures and sharing lessons learned.
- Working with the HSEQ Manager develop systems that will ensure that the location safety management system is fit for purpose.
- Using corporate HSEQ IT systems e.g. Safeguard, Webrisk etc., to support the delivery of the above accountabilities
- To keep abreast of corporate, regulatory and legislative changes and advise management of the implications for the business. To undertake a recognised CPD programme.
- Involvement with internal working parties as appropriate to ensure we are seen to be actively leading safety initiatives
- To deliver location-based safety training as required.
- Produce management reports as required by the local line manager and HSEQ Manager.
Experience & Qualifications
- Must be willing to work towards your Tech IOSH
- Must be willing to work towards your NEBOSH Certificate qualified or equivalent
- You will need to have competent administration and IT skills
- Will have the leadership and influencing skills to drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Will have effective presentation and training skills
Please APPLY ONLINE