If you are interested in developing your career within a dedicated H&S role, then this could be just the opportunity you seek. You will already have either an IOSH or HACCP, together with a year's experience of overseeing the Health & Safety function of a manufacturing or distribution business. This is a new role and an exciting opportunity to help enhance the Health & Safety culture of this most excellent Devon based business. The successful candidate will provide general assistance and support to the Health & Safety Officer, ensuring safe practices on all sites in mid Devon.
- Assist the Health and Safety Officer with Health and Safety monitoring across the operations through both general observations and through the safety management systems.
- Work in accordance to regulatory and legislative requirements, maintaining continuous professional development with guidance from the Health and Safety Officer to keep knowledge current.
- Assist the Health and Safety Officer with safety and/or accident investigations and related actions.
- Assist with the maintenance of the inspection, reporting and training software.
- Assist in the identification of need, preparation and completion of risk assessments, compliance and training of Team Members, with particular attention to machine risks, manual handling, working at height, and display screens and driving at work.
- Initiate and implement necessary safety measures in work areas to support and develop existing safety systems.
- Inspect work area premises for hazardous elements and ensure COSHH compliance.
- Assist with the Health and Safety Inductions of new Team Members, the delivery of basic safety training and support the Health & Safety Officer with the organisation of safety training through external training providers.
- At least a year's experience in a similar role.
- An IOSH (similar or basic level including HACCP) qualification in safety management.
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements and legislation with the proven ability to eliminate/mitigate risks in the workplace.
- Computer literate with the desire to learn and develop new systems.
- Able to work independently but very much as part of a team also.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Health care and life assurance after one year's service,
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays,
- Employee assistance program,
- Free parking,
- Subsided canteen,
- Discount on products,
- Christmas saving scheme,
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunities for training and development
Working Hours: 40 hour week - 8.30-5 Mon-Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.