£9.50 per hour
0161 830 8870
3 months ago
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 7am till 6pm.
You will be responsible for completing a range of Grounds Maintenance/Gardening duties along the Canal & River Trust’s historic network. You will work as part of a team to deliver these works to the highest quality standards all year-round.
With millions of visitors each year, the Trust’s canal network provides opportunities for the enjoyment of the waterways, their environments and the communities they serve. Your work will directly impact the visitor experience and enhance the Trust’s reputation as the guardian of canal heritage.
Your work will include:
- Cutting grass using ride-on mowers, pedestrian mowers and strimmers
- Undertaking leaf collection, weeding, pruning, edging and other activities (such as hedge cutting, structure clearance, arboriculture works and other tasks) assigned by your supervisor
- Responsibility for the general tidiness of the site
- Self-motivation with the ability to use your own initiative
- A ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to take direction
- Reliability and flexibility
- A full UK driving licence