Job Title: Goods In Stores Operative
Location: Poole, Dorset, BH17 0RS
Salary: £9.50 per hour / £19,200 per year + benefits
Contract type: Permanent job
Start date: As soon as possible (after notice period if required)
Do you have experience in a goods in, stores or warehouse position?
Do you hold a counterbalance forklift truck certificate?
Can you work with high levels of accuracy?
... then please read on, this job might be for you.
About the job - Goods In Stores Operative
You will be...
- Receiving raw materials (metal bar, billets, castings and forgings) from suppliers
- Checking paperwork
- Unloading lorries using a counterbalance forklift truck
- Putting raw materials away correctly in storage racking by hand, using a forklift truck and using lifting equipment
- Issuing stock to the machine shop according to daily plan
- Cutting bar to correct length using sawing machinery
- Carefully checking serial numbers to record goods in and out of stores on the computer database (training will be given)
- Monitoring of all stock levels to ensure accuracy of stock control system
- Assisting with stock takes when needed, reconciling inventory records with physical counts.
Working hours - Goods In Stores Operative
Working hours are 08:00am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday, 39 hours paid per week. Flexible hours are offered so an early finish at lunchtime on Friday is allowed as long as the job is done for the week.
I'm looking to take on a friendly and conscientious person who will join a small goods-in stores team where pride is taken in providing a swift yet accurate service to colleagues to make sure the right raw materials are in the right place, at the right time, in the right quantity to support the smooth running of the machine shop engineering function.
You will be a well organised and flexible individual with a focus on attention to detail.
You'll have previous experience of working in a stores environment or similar and you will also have a good understanding of warehousing principles and policies including warehouse safety and safe working practices.
You will ideally hold a current counterbalance forklift truck certificate / licence.
Sounds like you?
Some of the benefits
- Working Hours: 39 hours per week, including option for an early finish on Fridays
- Full time, permanent employment from day one (not temporary or contractor-type work)
- Pension scheme
- Christmas bonus
- Lots of free parking nearby
- 25 days' holiday, all bank holidays paid too.
For more information or to apply for this job, please submit your CV to this advert, or ask for Tom Andrews on 01242-246-022, (01242) 246 022 or send your enquiry to tandrews(at)meridianbs.co.uk
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.50 /hour
Key words for search purposes only: goods in stores engineering BH17 0GP
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.