£8.72 - £9.87 per hour
17 days ago
We're currently looking for a Goods In and Returns Operative to work for one of our busy clients based in Taunton. You will be joining a small, supportive team within a varied and fast paced role.
If you're switched on, eager to learn and want to be a part of a friendly team then this is the job for you. The client is looking for someone hands on who is happy to be flexible and jump in to support others in a variety of tasks.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Check deliveries against delivery notes for accuracy and damages, notify relevant department of any inaccuracies and damages
- Load and unload transport, put away deliveries and replenish stock locations
- Receive, check and process Sage Purchase Orders in a timely manner and monitor the Purchase Order list
- Plan & organise schedules through regular communication with suppliers and transport companies
- To liaise with Purchasing and Dispatch as required
- Keep the warehouse and yard in a tidy condition
- Test and assess, repair or return equipment as required
- Deal with customer queries and raise invoices/credits as needed
- Establish a robust audit trail for all goods in and returns
- Be aware of and comply with Health & Safety regulations
- To cover duties in other departments as and when required
You will need previous warehouse and goods in experience, a current or expired Counterbalance licence would be a benefit but Fork Lift training will be provided if needed. Computer skills and experience in using SAGE will be an asset as you will be inputting Purchase Orders and Delivery details onto Sage, training will be given to learn the required systems.
The rate of pay starts with £8.72ph which will rise after the probation period to £9.87ph. Hours of work are 8am - 4pm Monday to Friday.
There may be an opportunity for a permanent position after successfully completing a 12 weeks trial period.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.