£27000 - £31000 per annum
0118 907 3199
14 days ago
A leading engineering manufacturer specialising in steam, they produce niche peristaltic pumps and associated fluid thermal technologies within 16 countries around the world.
Don't worry, you won’t need to know about stream - You just need to know how to Quality check Goods in to our company.
- Salary £27,000 - £31,000 – Dependant on experience
- Contract to 37.5 hours
- Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 16.45 and Friday 08:00 – 13.30
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Benefits include – Pension, Life Assurance & Medical Insurance
You will be experienced in Quality inspection in a manufacturing/ production environment, ability to read engineering drawings & Standards alongside experience at using measuring equipment (e.g vernier, micrometer). FLT licence would be advantageous.
Using your experience with manufacturing/ production, you will use engineering drawings & Standards to assess the goods and identify key defects and against the
You will support the Tool-room team leader with planning all aspects of the tool’s orders. You will work with the wider team on a daily basis to manage any issues whilst working closing with our tool design team to ensure the most effective tooling designs are used.
Good in Inspector core responsibilities:
- Use appropriate testing equipment to inspect the quality of product delivered to SXS UK in accordance with †SXS UK procedures.
- Verify the quality of product-certification delivered to SXS UK in accordance with SXS UK procedures.
- Ensure the trace-ability and quality status of product by completing electronic and manual transactions within the defined SXS UK systems as applicable to the role.
- Ensure that non-conforming product is processed in accordance with SXS UK working instruction.
- Ensure measuring equipment is within calibration in accordance with SXS UK procedures.
- Manage the return of non-conforming product to the supplier in accordance with SXS UK working instruction.
- Manage sample material flow and support sample process where possible.
- Manage time effectively for product on-time-delivery.
- Understand and comply with Company Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) practices, identify areas for improvement and support related initiatives
- Understand and comply with the Company Core Values
- Engage, suggest and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives and projects, as required
- Flexible to complete other duties when required
- Develop and drive your own personal development plan
Good in Inspector person:
- Experience of working in a manufacturing/ production environment in Quality Inspection or a closely related role.
- Experience of working within a recognised quality system & in accordance with procedures.
- Knowledge and ability to read engineering drawings & Standard.
- Ability to use measuring equipment (e.g vernier, micrometer) in carrying out quality control inspections
- Knowledge of the essential content of a material certificate – chemical elements and mechanical properties
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes (Casting, Forging, Machining, Pressing, etc.) and identifying key defects
- Basic knowledge of calibration systems and measuring equipment.
- Understanding of essential terms of materials and material certification.
- Manual and mechanical lifting skills (Forklift etc.) associated with the movement and storage of containers and pallets.
Good organisation and time management skills
Please apply online today