£13 per hour
0161 830 8870
27 days ago
Hours of work are 5 days out of 7 either 8am till 4pm or 9am till 18.30pm.
Catering experience is essential.
- Cooking and supervising the catering assistants in the team to provide a quality catering service for the home, working with the home team to deliver the service
- Working to a flexible rota within the hours allocated, covering for holidays and sickness as appropriate, to meet the needs of the service.
- Supporting the Chef Manager in the ordering of supplies (food, cleaning), helping to control budgets and stock ensuring only nominated suppliers are used for all purchases, food is checked on delivery and non-conforming items rejected, reporting any non-conformances to ensure high standards of food safety are met
- Monitoring and promoting the quality of the service to the residents, ensuring meal service is on time, and of a high standard regarding quality and presentation and all special dietary requirements observed. You may be required to support with meal service from time to time.
- Ensuring food, health and safety regulations and HCC Care policies are strictly observed, records maintained.
- Planning menus in consultation with the Chef Manager HCC guidelines and being flexible to the needs of our residents.
- Catering for special diets (including supervision of modified meals) and meeting nutritional needs, to exceed customer expectation ensuring modified meal preparation standards are met following the IDDSI guidelines (International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative)
- Ensure all kitchen equipment is in full, safe working order, reporting any damage or faults to the Chef Manager in a timely manner using the correct local procedures
- Ensure all areas of the kitchen are kept to a high standard of cleanliness, cleaning schedules are appropriate, and records demonstrate compliance. Ensure waste is kept to a minimum and discarded in the appropriate way, encouraging and supporting recycling practices in the team.
- To be understanding towards service users and their needs and attend resident/relative meetings. Having a positive approach to feed back and strive for continual service improvements
- Ensure good and consistent levels of food presentation.
- Ensuring the department meets the requirements of the Food safety Management System
- Comply with all dietary requirements in the home including special diets and modified meals. Supporting the Chef Manager with his/her duties and deputising for them as required.
- Any other duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities/grade of the post as defined, subject to the proviso that normally any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated into the job description in specific terms.
- Working in a potentially hot environment using dangerous equipment
If your interested in the above role please apply online