We are currently recruiting for Housekeeping and Catering staff for a large hospital based in the Weston-Super-Mare area working on the afternoon shift on an ongoing temporary basis.
If you have previous catering or cleaning experience and are looking for part time hours in the afternoon/evenings and weekends then this could be a great chance.
You will be supporting the hospitality staff within the hospital with the following duties;
- Cleaning in all areas to the agreed specification in line with local schedules. Areas will include but not be limited to service user bedrooms, communal areas, sanitary areas, clinic rooms, kitchens, offices, corridors.
- To replenish stocks of disposable items, i.e.: paper hand towels, soap. Working in accordance with all relevant Health and safety procedures at all times e.g. COSHH, Manual Handling
- Carrying out termination cleans in line with policy
- Carrying out isolation cleaning in line with policy
- Completing and documenting a scheduled deep cleaning programme for the specified area
- Regeneration and service of frozen meals to Service Users and completing associated tasks, such as washing-up, cleaning kitchens and dining rooms.
- Undertaking gritting and snow clearance around site (where appropriate)
- Cleaning of external areas including but not limited to garden bins, canopies, pathways and walkways, external signage (where appropriate).
- To provide a central Catering Service to support the Ward based Patients meal service and to prepare sandwiches, rolls, salads and snacks for Patients.
- To ensure the safe storage/handling of all food items including Cook-Freeze meals, ensuring compliance with Trust Policy and current Legislation.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Literate and Numerate
- Able to work on own initiative and unsupervised.
- Ability to work outside in adverse weather conditions and or at low temperatures in freezer room.
- Previous experience of Housekeeping/Domestic Duties
- Previous experience of Catering Duties
- Able to be flexible and adaptable
There are two shifts available 1pm - 7pm or 4pm - 7pm both shifts run 7 days a week, and candidates must be flexible to cover all 7 days as required.
Rate of pay is £8.21 per hour.
Successful candidates will need to undergo a DBS check prior to starting; you will also need to be available for a week's training working 9am - 1pm.
This is initially a temporary contract for 2 - 3 months with the possibility of becoming permanent after this time for the right candidate.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.