Gas Service Engineer (Domestic Stoves)The Company:
Are you somebody who loves variety in your workload, and can travel throughout the Midlands (ideal location: Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Telford, Coventry, Worcester) to service and maintain a broad range of heating products including Gas, Electric and Solid fuel
? If you’re also happy to stay away from home for 2-4 nights per week, then this could be just the job for you. Your primary responsibility will be the completion of warranty and annual service work for Gas, Electric and Solid Fuel heating appliances
. You’ll be provided with a fully equipped van and all of your overnight accommodation will be paid for up front. Job Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Certifications:
- To ensure all service and warranty calls are carried out in a professional, timely and accurate manner, ensuring that the issues are properly and fully resolved during the first visit.
- To correctly identify the reason for the reported issue and determine whether that issue falls within a company manufacturing fault or an installation/user fault, which will then be charged on site to the customer.
- To ensure the end user’s safety in accordance with all the relevant regulations for installation and use.
- To issue any safety notices if required and to inform the relevant personnel and complete the company’s required paperwork after each client visit.
- The service engineer is responsible for recording all of the tests and work carried out as well as the faults found. This recording will need to be completed on the laptop/iPad and uploaded regularly to the company’s database.
- Proven experience of working with heating appliances or servicing comparable equipment in the field.
- CCN1 (Domestic Core Gas Safety), HTR1 (Gas Fires & Wall Heaters), CONGLP1 (LPG Changeover)
- CPA1 – Combustion Analysis
- GAS SAFE requirements (OFTEC also an advantage) OR RGI/II
- The following qualifications whilst not essential, would be an advantage:
- Part P Electrical Safety
- HETAS Certification
- Valid, clean UK driving licence
- Knowledge of software programmes including email and Word.
24 days holiday, increasing to 27 days based on yearly service, plus bank holidays.
Company Van, mobile and laptop all provided Working Hours:
8.30-5pm Mon-Fri with overnight stays required