£9.60 per hour
23 days ago
Pay Rate: £9.60
Monday to Thursday
Forklift Truck Operatives are responsible for the operating and managing of industrial trucks to load and unload materials and deliveries, move stock from storage areas into haulage containers and move raw materials to the production areas; whilst promoting a safe working environment in line with the Company’s SHEQ Procedures.
You will report directly to the Warehouse Stock Controller and in his absence the FLT Operations Supervisor.
Duties/ Areas of Responsibility
The position will cover a broad area of responsibilities:
- To ensure the Forklift Trucks (FLT’s) are checked daily, recorded on the relevant documents and any defects reported for repair.
- Ensure the completion of basic inspection of Electronic Hand Pump Trucks (EHPT’s) and Wrapping machines, recording the inspection on the appropriate documentation.
- Loading and unloading of goods from delivery vehicles.
- Moving raw materials from the storage area to the desired location.
- Moving goods packed on pallets and crates around the site and storage warehouses.
- Stacking the good in the correct storage bays, following the inventory instructions.
- Check loads are secure.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner, following prescribed work methods.
- Maintain a high level of Health & Safety awareness and report any concerns.
- Report any damage, incidents/ accidents to the Warehouse Stock Controller immediately.
- To maintain a safe working environment for yourself and your colleagues, visitors, contractors, and delivery/ collection drivers who attend site.
- To ensure the correct use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and work to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) including SHEQ Procedures.
- Stack empty pallets.
- Identify areas for improvement within the department and operational areas.
- Assist with inventory counts, when necessary.
- Assist with other departments when required.
Commutable from:Chester, Deeside, Rhyl, Flint, Wrexhan, Buckley.