Meridian Business Support is currently recruiting for a food and beverage supervisor for a luxury hotel based in Newport.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Food and Beverage Supervisor to join their friendly team and take responsibility for the day to day running of our Food and Beverage department.
Food and Beverage is at the heart of their hotel and they are now seeking a well presented, experienced and enthusiastic Food & Beverage Supervisor to join the team to work in their hotel. Being in a customer-facing role means you are a confident and well-presented individual with a warm way with people.
Duties to include but not limited to -
- Responsible for helping to maintain a customer-focused culture which support the values expressed in the Resort Ambition and the Resort's business goals of profitability and service quality.
- Establishes and maintain effective and positive relationships within the team as well as other departments.
- Complies with the resort's Health and safety, Hygiene policies as well as all other resort policies and procedures.
- Report all situations that may present a danger to guests or staff immediately to the relevant people and take action to rectify the situation if possible
- To ensure that resources are used effectively, minimising waste to protect our environment and to reduce costs.
- Responsible for communication through effective writing, speaking and listening skills. To encourage employees to actively participate in our progress through decision making and ideas.
- Responsible for regular dissemination of information which is to encompass organisational and individual activities
- Supports the Department Manager in setting monthly, quarterly and annual budgets.
- Maintains an understanding and acceptance of the monthly budgets and a motivation to achieving these.
- Supports the setting, maintenance and understanding of standards expected for the Department and is responsible for the enforcement of these standards within the operations.
- Supports the Department Manager in the setting of controls, and maintains an understanding of the controls in place, that monitor performance of the Department.
- Responsible for gathering required results of the controls and reporting these back to the Department Manager.
Maintains an understanding and respect for the organisational structure and supports the staff within each position as defined in their Job Description
- Responsible for adjusting the structure of the Department on a shift basis to ensure all internal/external customers expectations are exceeded. This includes, but is not limited to assuming responsibility for the department including practical involvement where necessary.
The ideal candidate must have -
NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Hospitality & Catering
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Essential dietary training, any recognised body
- 5 GCSE's including Maths & English or equivalent
- Customer care course or relevant experience
- Good knowledge of food and beverage
- Well groomed & Presented
- Ability to converse written and verbally in English
- Experience within a food and beverage service outlet for a minimum of 2 years as a Senior Chef De Rang or similar role
- Experience in leading / delegating / motivating a team
- 2 years service in a customer focused food and beverage service environment
- Working with Opera / Micros or similar Hospitality Management Systems
- Working with POS and cash handling / using different software systems
- Previous hotel or branded restaurant experience
- Ability to deal tactfully with situations that may arise within the restaurant
- Good written and verbal English
- Guest focused
- Good food and beverage knowledge
- Respectful and appreciative of the working environment
- Supportive and able to listen to complex instructions and deliver to expectations
- A genuine interest in the food and beverage service industry
- Ability to be on feet for long periods of time
- Ability to work under pressure
Hours will vary due to the nature of the business.
Salary - £18,990 per annum
Permanent position, immediate starts.
Please apply today if you feel you would be suitable for this role
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.