0118 907 3199
27 days ago
We are looking for an FLT Driver to join our successful team based out of our regional distribution centre in Westbrook, Warrington (WA5)
- Contracted to 40 hours per week
- Monday to Friday
- Shift times: Between 13:00 - 00:00
- No bank holiday working required
- Benefits: Pension scheme, Life assurance, 25 days holiday
As a FLT Driver, you will be supporting both inward and outward stock deliveries, picking and packing products from our vast product line to complete customer’s orders and ensure accuracy on every order is completed and sent out right first time.
You’ll be operating a FLT; therefore, you will need to adhere to all health and safety practises, alongside ensuring timely stock taking is completed and supported by our great IT systems to log and track orders on a daily basis.
You will be working within strong team of 50 in the regional distribution centre, so teamwork is paramount to ensure you and the team to deliver against distribution targets and support the branch network with delivers.
Must hold a Counterbalance or Reach FLT licence or equivalent as it is essential for this role.
FLT Driver - The Role:
- Facilitate all inward stock movements for the branch efficiently, following company procedures, and using IT systems where appropriate
- Load and unload vehicles by employing both the use of FLT and heavy lifting.
- Pick and pack goods to fulfil customer orders in an efficient, timely and safe manner
- Manage and maintain the stock integrity and ensure accurate completion of all cycle-counts and stock-takes
- Actively maintain and improve housekeeping standards ensuring that stored goods are kept tidily and in the correct place
- Where relevant, use any mechanical handling equipment in accordance with company procedures
- Ensure that with all aspects of Health & Safety policies and procedures are complied with in all daily activities
- Contribute to the effective operation of the branch by supporting other staff in meeting Customer Service levels
- Continually review operating systems, procedures, and practices, recommending any changes to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency and to reduce costs
- Using IT systems such as M3 or Microsoft Office where appropriate
- Supporting in other areas of the branch operation as and when required
FLT Driver - The Person
- Hold a in-date Reach or Counter balance FLT Licence
- To have had experience of working in a fast-paced role, whilst maintaining a consistent eye for detail
- A flexible approach and an ability to work under pressure
- An ability to embrace change and new technologies
- Experience loading within a multi-product warehouse environment (ideally)
- Fit and able to complete heavy lifting
- Basic IT skills
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE TODAY
Our client believes that this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the Home Office Shortage Occupation list. Therefore, they will not support an application for visa sponsorship and all applicants for this role must have an unrestricted right to work in the UK.
Suitable for: forklift operative, FLT, warehouse operative, reach licence, counter balance