£35000 - £40000 per annum
0161 929 3144
15 days ago
Are you an experienced Health & Safety Manager and looking for a new challenge in 2021, want to work in leading UK engineering company to unitise your experience?
Our client, a UK leading engineering company, is looking for an experienced health & Safety manager to lead the HSE strategy across their 2 sites, both based in Bletchley, Milton Keynes.
- £35,000 - £40,000pa
- Working Monday to Friday
- Contracted to 40 Hours per week
- 25 days holiday & Pension scheme
- Ideally from a Manufacturing/ Engineering background
As a Health and Safety Manager you will be a vital part in the operation; You will oversee all aspects of the Health, Safety , Environment and Quality(SHEQ function) ensuring the respective management teams and all on-site are adhering to the companies SHEQ polices & procedures.
Ideally you will come from a Manufacturing/ Engineering background and will use your experience of managing SHEQ across multiple sites to conduct all risk assessments, understand the root cause of and take ownership of accident reduction strategies alongside delivering all SHEQ management training requirements.
You will drive continuous improvement in this fast-paced environment, by working with the management team to plan and deliver all SHEQ training requirements to drive improvements in safety performance and drive yearly audits & monitoring of stack emissions .
- Preparing Health, Safety and Environmental strategies; develop and implementing appropriate policy and ensuring adherence.
- Outlining safe procedures, which identify all relevant hazards and accurately assess risks.
- Conduct risk assessments and advise on risk reduction including improvements to PPE.
- Ensuring all colleagues try to eliminate conflict between productions and safety and environmental considerations.
- Drive improvements to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation
- Liaise with all the regulatory authorities (HSE, Environmental Agency, Local Authority, Fire Service) to ensure compliance with mandatory regulations
- Carry out regular HSE audits to check policies & procedures are being adhered to
- Carry out HSE inductions for new employees, lead in-house training and take ownership of external HSE training (Banksmen, FLT, Press Guard Certs)
- Investigate incidents and accidents whilst maintaining records
- Arrange two yearly audits and monitoring of stack emissions by an approved supplier
- Ownership of audit findings and produce reports recommending improvements.
- Produce monthly KPI report
- Advise on specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Carry out weekly fire alarm testing / 6 monthly fire drills and Ensure adequate numbers of fire marshals and first aiders
- Manage hazardous substances and the disposal of chemicals, e.g. asbestos/COSHH, ensuring that the internal safety data sheet database is current.
- Arrange two yearly audits and monitoring of stack emissions by an approved supplier.
Experience/Skills & Competencies:
- Sound understanding of operating and applying Environment, Health and Safety
- Strong experience of leading and developing a team
- Analytical problem solver & committed to continuous improvement
- Sound understanding of operating and applying Environment, Health and Safety (EHS)
- Recognised EHS qualification i.e. NEBOSH
- Member of IOSH/IIRSM
- Experience in conducting risk assessments
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing/heavy engineering environment (Essential)
Please apply online today