Are you an experienced Financial Controller looking to join a growing business in Exeter?
You will be responsible for the efforts and results of the financial department, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in regard to all financial and accounting activities.
You will be a qualified Accountant with 5+ post qualified experience along with advanced Excel Modelling and PowerPoint Skills.
Sound interesting? If you would like to know more please click on the link or call 01392 423301 and speak to Mags or Julianne.
- Overseeing the finance department staff in day-today operations and publishing timely monthly financial statements.
- Ensure timely reporting of the company's financial trading performance, analysis of sales pipeline and valuation for revenue recognition purposes,
- Preparing the monthly management accounts,
- Balance Sheet responsibility accruals and prepayments,
- Year End Audit,
- Tax Compliance cash-flow management including Treasury activities.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis as and when required.
- Motivate and lead the finance team members by clarifying roles and providing timely helpful feedback.
- Preparation of the monthly VAT returns, payroll related tax filings, year-end statutory Corporation Tax Filings and Annual Returns.
- Review all financial plans and budgets to look for cost reduction opportunities.
- Advanced Excel Modelling Skills
- Advanced PowerPoint Skills
- Access Data-base skills
- Proven work experience as a Financial Controller
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business economics, finance or related field
- Qualified accountant is a pre-requisite for the role (ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CPA, ICAEW)
- Strong operational experience with General Ledger functions and the month end/year end close period
- 5+ years post qualified experience in a similar role with overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Strong technical accounting with previous compliance experience
- Excellent accounting software user administration skills
- Pension Fund Accounting experience
- Deputize for the CFO as and when necessary
- Management experience, leadership skills, outstanding mathematical skill, honesty and integrity, reliability, solid written and oral communication skills, high attention to detail, organisation skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, research skills,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship builder with both internal and external stakeholders (Auditors, Tax Advisors, Investors, Legal Advisors, Brokers, Board Members and the CEO).
- High level of analysis capability and able to manage and interpret large amounts of financial data and be able to convert into detailed report formats for senior management.
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity and be diligent to time-lines and deadlines.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent share option scheme
- Christmas shopping day
- Bonus birthday holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Childcare vouchers
- Pension scheme
Working Hours: 9.00-5.30 Monday to Friday,
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.